Entering in Périgord
Located in Périgord vert, just a few kilometres from the Charente département, your stay at Château de La Combe will give you the opportunity to combine the complete tranquillity of the countryside with bucolic walks on foot, bike rides, or horse rides, to discover the first rate historical and cultural heritage while also enjoying the delights of Périgord gastronomy.
So here is a list of unmissable places to help you prepare your stay and convince you to come and visit our beautiful region:
- Château de Mareuil (www.perigord-dronne-belle.fr),
- Brantôme abbey and the banks of the Dronne River,
- Château de Puyguilhem (http://www.perigorddecouverte.com/en-3-12-913-Château-de-Puyguilhem.php),
- The village of Saint Jean de Côle (http://www.france-beautiful-villages.org/en/saint-jean-de-cole),
- Bourdeilles fortress (http://www.les-grands-sites-du-perigord.com/index.php/front/sites_culturels/Chateau_de_Bourdeilles),
- The Villars caves (http://grotte-villars.com/en/)
- The town of Nontron (http://www.nontron.fr)
- Périgueux town centre, and its Gallo-Roman ruins
- The many markets (we have a list available)
- The many paths for walking and hiking, as well the various activities in the Parc Naturel Régional Périgord-Limousin which we are part of (www.parc-naturel-perigord-limousin.fr)
And a little further away:
- The Dordogne valley (Sarlat and its surroundings)
- The Lascaux caves etc.